Thursday, August 25, 2011

Great old pics and quotes

  Comments made in the year 1955! 

I’ll tell you one thing, if things  
keep going the way they are,  
it’s going to be impossible to  
buy a week’s groceries for $10.00. 

Att00001
Have you seen the new cars  
coming out next year?  It won’t  
be long before $2,000.00 will  
only buy a used one.  

 
 
Att00002
If cigarettes keep going up in  
price, I’m going to quit; 20 cents  
a pack is ridiculous.  
Att00003
Did you hear the post office is  
thinking about charging 7 cents  
just to mail a letter. 
Att00004
If they raise the minimum wage  
to $1.00, nobody will be able to  
hire outside help at the store. 
Att00005
When I first started driving, who  
would have thought gas would  
someday cost 25 cents a gallon.  
Guess we’d be better off leaving  
the car in the garage. 
Att00006
I’m afraid to send my kids to the  
movies any more.  Ever since they  
let Clark Gable get by with saying  
DAMN in GONE WITH THE WIND,  
it seems every new movie has  
either HELL or DAMN in it. 
Att00007
I read the other day where some  
scientist thinks it’s possible to put  
a man on the moon by the end of  
the century. They even have some  
fellows they call astronauts  
preparing for it down in Texas . 
Att00008
Did you see where some baseball  
player just signed a contract for  
$50,000 a year just to play ball?  
It wouldn’t surprise me if someday  
they’ll be making more than the  
President.  
Att00009
I never thought I’d see the day  
all our kitchen appliances would  
be electric.  They're even making  
electric typewriters now.  
Att00010
It’s too bad things are so tough  
nowadays.  I see where a few  
married women are having to  
work to make ends meet.  
Att00011
It won’t be long before young  
couples are going to have to hire  
someone to watch their kids so  
they can both work. 
Att00012
I’m afraid the Volkswagen car  
is going to open the door to a  
whole lot of foreign business. 
Att00013
Thank goodness I won’t live to  
see the day when the Government  
takes half our income in taxes.  I  
sometimes wonder if we are  
electing the best people to  
government. 
The fast food restaurant is  
convenient for a quick meal,  
but I seriously doubt they  
will ever catch on. 
Att00015
There is no sense going on short  
trips anymore for a weekend.  It  
costs nearly $2.00 a night to stay  
in a hotel. 
  
Att00016
No one can afford to be sick  
anymore.  At $15.00 a day in  
the hospital, it’s too rich for  
my blood. 
Att00017
If they think I’ll pay 30 cents  
for a haircut, forget it. 
Att00018

Posted via email from susannajade's posterous

No comments: